New Business Development and Sales Manager
PlastiComp focuses on applying the stronger, tougher, and lighter technology of long fiber reinforced composites to new applications and markets. Using a fully integrated approach, we become development partners from initial concept through production and share our expertise in part design and analysis along with composite formulation and processing to make products better. Our composite solutions are custom-engineered using long glass and carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic materials to meet precise performance specifications.
To continue advancing industry, we need more experts who want to work with the latest composite technology and enjoy the challenge of inventing new ways to solve design and material problems. To have a role in creating the next generation of successful composite applications visit www.plasticomp.com/careers.
PlastiComp is headquartered in Winona, Minn., a scenic community in the upper Mississippi River valley straddling the Minnesota and Wisconsin border. The area experiences a full range of seasons and offers many outdoor recreation opportunities with the river and three state parks nearby along with many arts and cultural events throughout the year. Winona is home to three higher education institutions and has high quality public and private schools as well as easy access to the renowned Mayo Clinic healthcare system. Larger cities are only a 30-minute drive to the west and south and a major metropolitan area is located two hours north.
This position sells products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. In addition the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.
Work location: Variable
Reports to: President/CEO
Exempt: Base salary plus commission
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sales contacts, research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner to ensure sales opportunities for products & services
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner to ensure the meeting of specific quota goals and the generation of revenue
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner to ensure effective market planning & continued revenue stream
- Participate in development of new products, modification of existing products, & termination of ineffective products in an effective and professional manner
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers as defined in the policy, employee communications within, and using established guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage assigned sales budgets in a timely and effective manner to insure a positive corporate image, teamwork and attainment of goals to ensure smooth fiscal operation
- Participate in trade shows either as an attendee or an exhibitor to connect with existing and potential customers.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field and 5 years of field sales experience, or equivalent, required
- Well-developed sales skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Marketing & market planning knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of target market industries
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
PlastiComp, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or religion or other legally protected status.
To apply for this position, you may upload your cover letter and resume using the web form below or send them via postal mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
110 Galewski Dr.
Winona, MN 55987