PlastiComp, Inc. is a leading enterprise in the field of long fiber composites providing materials, technology and equipment to our global customers. We are seeking Operators to support the needs of our rapidly growing company.
Plastics experience preferred! We pay a very competitive wage, prorated on relevant experience. New employees receive 10-12 holidays/year, and PTO starts accruing on your very first paycheck!
If you are interested in working in an employee friendly, immaculate facility where you are not micro-managed and are appreciated for your contributions PlastiComp is for YOU.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe all safety guidelines.
- Wear required personal protection equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Follow Standard Operating Conditions/Work Instructions/Quality Management System Procedures
- Perform required quality tests.
- Proficient in operating labeling software.
- Operate forklift safely and efficiently.
- Clean packaging equipment and package/label materials according to procedure.
- Properly clean equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance & adjustments on packaging equipment.
- Attention to detail – recognizes and corrects errors or inconsistencies in processing guidelines paperwork/blend sheets.
- Offer constructive suggestions for improving future runs or set-ups.
- Make recommendations to Technical Group regarding standard operating condition/procedure improvements.
- Can perform all listed maintenance checks on all lines previously run.
- Demonstrate good troubleshooting skills.
- Uses logic, step by step approach to diagnose problems.
- Follows proper procedures when quality standards are not being met.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor and proactively completes duties
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Participate in shift to shift communication and continuous improvement activities
- Utilize ERP software to monitor rejects, enter rejects and enter down time codes.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Plastics experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Tolerance of HOT WORK environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. repetitively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 70-100% of shift standing including bending and reaching.
- Ability to climb stairs.
Please apply in person during regular business hours at our facility located adjacent to the Winona airport:
110 Galewski Dr
PlastiComp, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status