Maximum Toughness Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites
Long fiber-reinforced composites are renowned for their ability to provide high impact resistance while also boosting the strength and stiffness of thermoplastic polymers.
- Ultra durable long fiber reinforced nylon composites for demanding applications
- 400% increase in toughness over fiber-filled materials
- Notched impact resistance 40% higher than standard LFTs
- Strength and stiffness performance of long fiber composites
PlastiComp has taken long fiber material performance to the next level with our Complēt MT series of long glass and carbon fiber reinforced nylon (polyamide) composites.
Complēt MT offers maximum toughness with notched impact resistance up to 40% higher than standard long fiber materials and 400% better than plastics filled with chopped or short fiber.
Long fiber composites are unique because the higher aspect ratio of their reinforcing fibers increases strength and stiffness to levels beyond other reinforcement methods.
Longer fiber length also provides more surface area for the polymer and fiber to interact – allowing more efficient energy transfer between the polymer and fiber – increasing impact resistance and impeding crack propagation.
Complēt MT provides all the benefits of long fiber nylon composites
- Highest level of impact resistance to prevent cracking or failure under stress
- Best load bearing capability and creep resistance obtainable with nylon thermoplastics
- 2.5 times more strength and 4 times more stiffness than unmodified nylon
- Outstanding low and elevated temperature performance (-60 to 150°F)
- Excellent dimensional stability (0.002 in/in shrink)
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
Whether replacing metals to meet mass reduction goals or taking advantage of long fiber’s superior properties in combination with plastics’ design freedom to improve function or reduce system costs – Complēt MT is your long fiber material of choice.
Technical Data Sheets
Complēt long fiber composite pellet products are available in any resin from PP to PEEK as part of our material customization capabilities to meet specific performance requirements.
- Max Toughness 30% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66
Complēt LGF30-PA66 MT
- Max Toughness 40% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66
Complēt LGF40-PA66 MT
- Max Toughness 50% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66
Complēt LGF50-PA66 MT
- Max Toughness 60% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66
Complēt LGF60-PA66 MT
- Max Toughness 30% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA66
Complēt LCF30-PA66 MT
- Max Toughness 40% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA66
Complēt LCF40-PA66 MT
- Max Toughness 50% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA66
Complēt LCF50-PA66 MT
Complēt MT long fiber composites are available in nylon (polyamide) polymers reinforced with glass, carbon, and other specialty fibers. PlastiComp can tailor the performance of our long fiber products to meet your specific application requirements.
We work with you to design and make your products better
We produce materials to your performance and design needs
Design & Analysis
We work with you to concept and ensure your parts perfom.
Processing & Forming
Quickly develop and maximizie long fiber’s benefits.