Hybrid Long Carbon+Glass Fiber Reinforced Composites
Are you reaching performance limitations using long glass fiber reinforcement but cannot justify taking the cost jump to move to long carbon fiber?
- Bridge all-glass to all-carbon fiber price and performance gaps
- Tailor performance by combining long glass fiber’s toughness with long carbon fiber’s stiffness and strength
- Cost effectively adopt carbon fiber’s high performance capabilities
We have an innovative long fibermaterial solution just for you – Complēt®Hybrid long carbon+glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic composites.
Ready-to-mold hybrid long glass+carbon fiber materials provide you with multiple performance and costs steps in between using only glass or only carbon as your reinforcement of choice.
Blending fibers delivers balanced performance, expanding your material options and allowing you to design without limitations.
Need more stiffness or strength but don’t want to compromise toughness? Hybrid long carbon+glass fiber reinforced composites are the material solution for you.
Our material experts can tailor hybrid long glass+carbon fiber combinations to meet your performance and cost objectives, get up to 90% of carbon’s benefits, while reducing its cost by up to 50%.
Add carbon fiber to a successful product to give it a high performance marketing edge or widen glass fiber’s performance envelope to switch more metal components to long fiber composites and gain improved functionality or ease of manufacture advantages.
Reinforced Plastics Magazine Article
“Glass & Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Combine in Hybrid Long Fiber Thermoplastic Composite to Bridge Price & Performance Gap,” covers the performance advantages of PlastiComp’s long glass+carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic composite have over long all-glass and all-carbon fiber materials.
Complēt Hybrid Recognized for New Product Innovation
Based on its analysis of the long fiber composites market, Frost & Sullivan recognized PlastiComp with the 2015 North American Frost & Sullivan Award for New Product Innovation for our hybrid long glass+carbon fiber composites. Read more…
Technical Data Sheets
Complēt long fiber composite pellet products are available in any resin from PP to PEEK as part of our material customization capabilities to meet specific performance requirements.
- Hybrid 10% Long Carbon Fiber + 20% Long Glass Fiber PA 66
- Hybrid 10% Long Carbon Fiber + 30% Long Glass Fiber PA 66
- Hybrid 15% Long Carbon Fiber + 15% Long Glass Fiber PA 66
- Hybrid 15% Long Carbon Fiber + 35% Long Glass Fiber PA66
- Hybrid 20% Long Carbon Fiber + 20% Long Glass Fiber PA66
- Hybrid 20% Long Carbon Fiber + 30% Long Glass Fiber PA 66
- Hybrid 25% Long Carbon Fiber + 25% Long Glass Fiber PA 66
- Hybrid 30% Long Carbon Fiber + 20% Long Glass Fiber PA66
- Hybrid 15% Long Carbon Fiber + 35% Long Glass Fiber TPU
- Hybrid 20% Long Carbon Fiber + 20% Long Glass Fiber TPU
- Hybrid 5% Long Carbon Fiber + 15% Long Glass Fiber PP
- Hybrid 10% Long Carbon Fiber + 20% Long Glass Fiber PP
- Hybrid 10% Long Carbon Fiber + 30% Long Glass Fiber PP
- Hybrid 20% Long Carbon Fiber + 30% Long Glass Fiber PP
These materials are examples for comparison purposes, PlastiComp can tailor long glass+carbon fiber combinations to meet your performance and cost objectives.
We work with you to design and make your products better
We produce materials to your performance and design needs
Design & Analysis
We work with you to concept and ensure your parts perfom.
Processing & Forming
Quickly develop and maximizie long fiber’s benefits.
|English||SI Metric||Test Method|
|Specific Gravity||1.60||1.60||ASTM D-792|
|Tensile Strength||32,000 psi||221 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Modulus||2,200 ksi||15172 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Elogation||2-3%||2-3%||ASTM D-638|
|Flexural Strength||49,000 psi||338 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Flexural Modulus||2,400 ksi||16500 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Notched Izod Impact (72 °F / 22 °C)||6.0 ft·lb/in||320 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Notched Izod Impact (-60 °F / -51 °C)||13.0 ft·lb/in||694 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Un-notched Izod Impact||27.0 ft·lb/in||1440 J/m||ASTM D-4812|
|DTUL @ 264 psi (1820 kPa)||475 °F||246 °C||ASTM D-648||Rev 08/10|
Receive information on PlastiComp’s portfolio of Complēt long fiber solutions.