Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites for Profile Extrusion
- Create lineals, fenestration products, and stock shapes with tailored performance
- Economically produce high quality form factors that outperform metal, wood, or thermosets
PlastiComp’s expertise in applying long fiber thermoplastic composite technology to new markets has led to the development of innovative profile extrusion applications. Just a few of our implementations include retrofit pipe liners and composite rebar.
Our structural, discontinuous long fiber-reinforced materials can be profile extruded to incorporate the performance advantages of long fiber reinforced thermoplastic composites with mechanical properties tailored to meet demanding application requirements.
Enabling you to produce form factors that provide higher performance without the complexity and cost penalties of making pieces entirely using continuous reinforcement or the interface and thermal expansion mismatch of inserting other materials.
Why Choose Long Fiber Reinforced Composites?
- Dimensional stability to be used as substitute for metal or wood
- Combined performance benefit by enhancing both stiffness and toughness of host polymer
- Bridge the performance gap between low-performing chopped fiber-filled plastics and difficult to produce continuous fiber reinforced composites
- Weight reduction eases material handling and reduces product transportation costs
- PlastiComp can customize our pellet sizes, and resulting fiber length, to tailor obtainable mechanical properties to your application’s performance specifications
Reinforced Plastics Are Ideal Replacement Materials
In addition to being lightweight, plastics have inherent benefits that are desirable when replacing traditional metal or wood materials:
- Resistance to corrosion
- Low thermal conductivity
- Electrically insulative or conductive
- VOC-free processing
Plus, PlastiComp has the ability to incorporate additional characteristics into our long fiber composites:
- Solid molded-in color
- Built-in lubricity
- Flame/smoke/toxicity compliance
- Anti-static or ESD control
Benefits of Manufacturing Via Profile Extrusion
- Stock shapes
- Custom profiles
- Any fiber type: glass, carbon, and more
- Any thermoplastic resin/polymer: PP to PEEK
Talk With Our LFT Experts
PlastiComp's long fiber technology experts can tailor an LFT material to meet your specifications.
PlastiComp extends long fiber technology to achieve unique material solutions
Complēt Long Glass Fiber
Structural performance in polymers form PP to PEEK.
Ultra durable for demanding applications.
Complēt Long Carbon Fiber
Reduce weight or obtain higher performance.
Cost effectively adopt carbon fiber performance.
Improved flow fills thin walls or enhances surface aesthetics.
Combine reinforcement with functional performance.