Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites
Engineers often face the dilemma of having to choose materials that potentially compromise performance in order to achieve mass reduction goals.
- Pinnacle of strength and stiffness performance obtainable with injection molding thermoplastic materials
- Shed weight to increase efficiency or reduce fatigue
- Gain a marketing advantage and create consumer appeal with “high tech” carbon fiber composites
The superior mechanical properties of long carbon fiber reinforced composites make them an ideal substitute for metals. Combined with the design and manufacturing advantages of injection molded thermoplastics, long carbon fiber composites simplify the re-imagination of components and devices that have demanding performance requirements.
Carbon fiber’s advantages extend beyond lightweighting, its extensive use in aerospace and other advanced industries has given it a “high-tech” perception with consumers – which you can leverage to up sell products or create differentiation from competitors.
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Resistant to deformation and crack propagation
- Superb load carrying ability
- Exceptional long-term creep resistance
- Cyclical fatigue endurance
- Outstanding dimensional stability
- Performance maintained at low and elevated temperatures
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Dampen vibrations and sound
- Incorporate multifunctional capabilities
Technical Data Sheets
We work with you to design and make your products better
We produce materials to your performance and design needs
Design & Analysis
We work with you to concept and ensure your parts perfom.
Processing & Forming
Quickly develop and maximizie long fiber’s benefits.
|English||SI Metric||Test Method|
|Specific Gravity||1.60||1.60||ASTM D-792|
|Tensile Strength||32,000 psi||221 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Modulus||2,200 ksi||15172 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Elogation||2-3%||2-3%||ASTM D-638|
|Flexural Strength||49,000 psi||338 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Flexural Modulus||2,400 ksi||16500 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Notched Izod Impact (72 °F / 22 °C)||6.0 ft·lb/in||320 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Notched Izod Impact (-60 °F / -51 °C)||13.0 ft·lb/in||694 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Un-notched Izod Impact||27.0 ft·lb/in||1440 J/m||ASTM D-4812|
|DTUL @ 264 psi (1820 kPa)||475 °F||246 °C||ASTM D-648||Rev 08/10|
Receive information on PlastiComp’s portfolio of Complēt long fiber solutions.