Sharing Our Long Fiber Reinforced Composite Expertise and Technical Knowledge
To move long fiber technology into new markets and applications, we continuously pursue new ways to enhance PlastiComp’s capabilities through research and development. We are also committed to sharing our long fiber expertise to help you make better products enabling you to grow your business and increase your profitability.
Technical Data Sheets
PlastiComp manufactures long fiber composite pellet products in any resin from PP to PEEK as part of our material customization capabilities to meet specific performance requirements.
Molding & Processing Guide
Learn From PlastiComp’s Expertise
White Papers & Articles
- White Paper: Design Considerations for Successfully Using LFT Composites as Substitutes for Metals
- White Paper: Expanding the Performance Envelope for Long Fiber Thermoplastic Composites with Unidrectional Tape Inserts
- Research Report: PlastiComp Part of Team Working to Accelerate Development of Affordable Carbon Fiber Composites
- Published Article: Glass & Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Combine in Hybrid Long Fiber Thermoplastic Composite to Bridge Price & Performance Gap
- Published Article: Boosting Performance Without Breaking the Bank – Up Engineering Thermoplastics Using Glass and Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
- Published Article: Is Change Inevitable – Overcoming Challenges of Metal-to-Plastic Conversions
Pultrusion Manufacturing Process
Explanation of pultrusion long fiber manufacturing process. Read more…
We work with you to design and make your products better
We produce materials to your performance and design needs
Design & Analysis
We work with you to concept and ensure your parts perfom.
Processing & Forming
Quickly develop and maximizie long fiber’s benefits.
PlastiComp extends long fiber technology to achieve unique material solutions
Complēt Long Glass Fiber
Structural performance in polymers form PP to PEEK.
Ultra durable for demanding applications.
Complēt Long Carbon Fiber
Reduce weight or obtain higher performance.
Cost effectively adopt carbon fiber performance.
Improved flow fills thin walls or enhances surface aesthetics.
Combine reinforcement with functional performance.
|English||SI Metric||Test Method|
|Specific Gravity||1.60||1.60||ASTM D-792|
|Tensile Strength||32,000 psi||221 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Modulus||2,200 ksi||15172 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Elogation||2-3%||2-3%||ASTM D-638|
|Flexural Strength||49,000 psi||338 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Flexural Modulus||2,400 ksi||16500 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Notched Izod Impact (72 °F / 22 °C)||6.0 ft·lb/in||320 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Notched Izod Impact (-60 °F / -51 °C)||13.0 ft·lb/in||694 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Un-notched Izod Impact||27.0 ft·lb/in||1440 J/m||ASTM D-4812|
|DTUL @ 264 psi (1820 kPa)||475 °F||246 °C||ASTM D-648||Rev 08/10|
Receive information on PlastiComp’s portfolio of Complēt long fiber solutions.