Velocity® High Flow Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites
- Increase flow lengths up to 30% in long fiber nylon composites
- Easily fill thin wall sections with reduced injection pressure and shorter molding cycle times
- Enhance aesthetics with resin rich, fiber-free surfaces
Higher processing temperatures and higher injection pressures, usually the prescribed remedies, result in longer cycle times and fiber length attrition.
With Velocity wall sections of 0.075” (2 mm) or less flow up to 30% further; molds can be completely packed out with 40% less pressure at 30–40 °F (17–22 °C) lower temperatures; resulting in cycle time reductions of up to 25% – creating savings that decrease operational costs for processors and per part costs for OEMs.
You will be able to deploy new designs with thinner wall sections or shapes that are more complex and utilize less material by taking advantage of the expanded performance envelope higher fiber loadings provide.
Aesthetically, Velocity produces a resin rich surface free of fibers that results in richer color and smooth glossy surfaces can be achieved in polished molds. The ability to mold high fiber content materials and obtain cosmetically defect-free components will minimize secondary finishing operations.
Cost Savings Benefits
- Increase productivity with shorter injection molding cycle times
- Decrease operating costs through lower molding temperatures
- Reduce maintenance due to diminished equipment resource utilization
- Fewer rejects from cosmetic imperfections
- Use existing designs and tooling
Design Freedom Benefits
- Lower part mass and material use with thinner wall sections
- Eliminate assembly steps by creating more complex components
- Reduce finishing operations due to better surface aesthetics
- Expand performance envelope with wider range of easy-to-process composites
Technical Data Sheets
- High Flow 50% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA6
- High Flow 60% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA6
- High Flow 40% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA6
- High Flow 50% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA6
- High Flow 50% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66
- High Flow 60% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66
- High Flow 40% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA66
- High Flow 50% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA66
We work with you to design and make your products better
We produce materials to your performance and design needs
Design & Analysis
We work with you to concept and ensure your parts perfom.
Processing & Forming
Quickly develop and maximizie long fiber’s benefits.
|English||SI Metric||Test Method|
|Specific Gravity||1.60||1.60||ASTM D-792|
|Tensile Strength||32,000 psi||221 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Modulus||2,200 ksi||15172 MPa||ASTM D-638|
|Tensile Elogation||2-3%||2-3%||ASTM D-638|
|Flexural Strength||49,000 psi||338 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Flexural Modulus||2,400 ksi||16500 MPa||ASTM D-790|
|Notched Izod Impact (72 °F / 22 °C)||6.0 ft·lb/in||320 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Notched Izod Impact (-60 °F / -51 °C)||13.0 ft·lb/in||694 J/m||ASTM D-256|
|Un-notched Izod Impact||27.0 ft·lb/in||1440 J/m||ASTM D-4812|
|DTUL @ 264 psi (1820 kPa)||475 °F||246 °C||ASTM D-648||Rev 08/10|
Receive information on PlastiComp’s portfolio of Complēt long fiber solutions.