Velocity® High Flow Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites
- Increase flow lengths up to 30% in long fiber nylon composites
- Easily fill thin wall sections with reduced injection pressure and shorter molding cycle times
- Enhance aesthetics with resin rich, fiber-free surfaces
Composites with high fiber content can be problematic to process due to their high viscosity. Long flow lengths, especially in thin wall sections, can freeze off before completely filling.
Higher processing temperatures and higher injection pressures, usually the prescribed remedies, result in longer cycle times and fiber length attrition.
Velocity® high flow nylon long fiber composites from PlastiComp utilize a proprietary chemistry to reduce viscosity and allow composites highly loaded with long glass or carbon fiber reinforcement to be easily processed.
With Velocity wall sections of 0.075” (2 mm) or less flow up to 30% further; molds can be completely packed out with 40% less pressure at 30–40 °F (17–22 °C) lower temperatures; resulting in cycle time reductions of up to 25% – creating savings that decrease operational costs for processors and per part costs for OEMs.
You will be able to deploy new designs with thinner wall sections or shapes that are more complex and utilize less material by taking advantage of the expanded performance envelope higher fiber loadings provide.
Aesthetically, Velocity produces a resin rich surface free of fibers that results in richer color and smooth glossy surfaces can be achieved in polished molds. The ability to mold high fiber content materials and obtain cosmetically defect-free components will minimize secondary finishing operations.
By giving you the means to fill thin walls with ease – and look good doing it – Velocity will enable you to use long fiber reinforced nylon composites with confidence.
Cost Saving Benefits
- Increase productivity with shorter injection molding cycle times
- Decrease operating costs through lower molding temperatures
- Reduce maintenance due to diminished equipment resource utilization
- Fewer rejects from cosmetic imperfections
- Use existing designs and tooling
Design Freedom Benefits
- Lower part mass and material use with thinner wall sections
- Eliminate assembly steps by creating more complex components
- Reduce finishing operations due to better surface aesthetics
- Expand performance envelope with wider range of easy-to-process composites
Technical Data Sheets — Velocity® High Flow Long Fiber Products
- ► High Flow 50% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA6 – Velocity LGF50-PA6
- ► High Flow 60% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA6 – Velocity LGF60-PA6
- ► High Flow 40% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA6 – Velocity LCF40-PA6
- ► High Flow 50% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA6 – Velocity LCF50-PA6
- ► High Flow 50% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66 – Velocity LGF50-PA66
- ► High Flow 60% Long Glass Fiber Reinforced PA66 – Velocity LGF60-PA66
- ► High Flow 40% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA66 – Velocity LCF40-PA66
- ► High Flow 50% Long Carbon Fiber Reinforced PA66 – Velocity LCF50-PA66
- Velocity long fiber composites are available in nylon 6 and 6/6 polymers reinforced with glass, carbon, and other specialty fibers. PlastiComp can tailor the performance of our long fiber products to meet your specific application requirements.
White Papers & Articles
- ► White Paper: Design Considerations for Successfully Using LFT Composites as Substitutes for Metals
- ► Published Article: Boosting Performance Without Breaking the Bank – Up Engineering Thermoplastics Using Glass and Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
- ► Published Article: Is Change Inevitable – Overcoming Challenges of Metal-to-Plastic Conversions
Molding Guide and Processing Conditions
Velocity® is a registered trademark of PlastiComp, Inc.